Thursday, January 8, 2009

secret garden

Today was terrible. Without having to leave Brooklyn and
go into the city for a few weeks now, I sort of forgot how 
much I hate the subway. Especially the L train. We were stopped 
underground for at least 20 minutes total and then stopped
for more minutes at 1st avenue. Of course I was running late
for the *gulp* dentist I was forced to catch a cab all the way uptown. 
I had to get--------a root canal today. 
I ended up breaking down in the bathroom before the procedure.
Its hard to compose yourself when you feel like everything
around you is falling apart, the tooth was just the cherry on the
piled high cake with 10 layers of icing..
Now in bed, watching the secret garden and another netflix
afterwards. Here are some beautiful photos by Rony Shram
and Denise Grunstein inspiring me to uplift my mood. It doesnt
help that it is January. January - March in New York is no sunlight
and too many layers of clothing.
 
I love the colors and femininity  in the clothing and actions. 
These photos are very secret garden. It makes me miss my
summers in Cape Cod, playing dressing up
& bicycling around.

tooooth aches are such a downer.
pain pain go away, please don't 
come back another day. 
xo

5 comments:

  1. This set is gorgeous! I am coming up to the city on Monday. Lets arrange a soiree...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are stunning.
    Will most definitely be hanging out in Brooklyn when I come!
    And you come party with us for the Armory Show!
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww you poor darling BIG HUG!!! so sorry to hear bout your tooth woes,root canals are no fun.i hope it is less painful now? tooth get better soon and I hope life gets brighter for you in general. Think its delish that you watch the secret garden,adored that book as i grw up,still do and yes those images are very secret garden.
    big kiss,
    marian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these images! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

take a bow